Your dog may literally be begging for these treats, but don’t ever give in to the big, puppy eyes! In fact, these particular foods are so dangerous to dogs that you need to take extra precautions to make sure that he won’t be able to swipe them off the table when you’re not looking.
Your dog is very sensitive to chocolate, and can start vomiting or suffer from irregular heartbeat and increased body temperature. He will get restles and agitated, and in severe cases, develop tremors and even seizures.
grapes and raisins
While grapes and raisins are good for humans, these can damage the kidneys of dogs and cats. Symptoms of poisoningi nclude lethargy, vomiting, and excessive thirst and increased urination.
garlic and onions
Cats and dogs can’t tolerate garlic and onions, which can damage their red blood cells. That’s why it’s important not to feed dogs table scraps, especially if you’ve used garlic and onions in cooking. Signs that your pet has ingested this inclue vomiting, anemia, and increased lethargy or weakness. Some may even have red-colored urine.
This is bad even for humans, but your pet will have a harder time flushing it out of his system, and is more likely to ingest levels that are far higher than his system can tolerate. So be careful of any spills during the holidays, and if your pet’s the type who’ll grab everything off the table, keep the drinks well out of reach.
Raw yeast and bread dough
If you’re baking keep your pet out of the kitchen. Raw yeast and egg dough can cause gas to form in the digestive track. Symptoms include distention of abdomen, vomiting, disorientation, diarrhea, lethargy, lack of coordination, difficulty breathing, tremors, coma and seizure.
Photo from molliemorrissette.wordpress.com