How do I clean my makeup brushes?
There are special products for cleaning makeup brushes (which may be worth the investment if you’ve invested in very expensive sable brushes) but in a pinch you can just use warm, soapy water and a gentle shampoo or anti bacterial soap. Lipstick brushes may need more frequent and thorough cleaning since the lipstick tends to stick to the bristles.
After rinsing off the soap or shampoo, gently push the bristles back into shape and squeeze of excess water. Leave to dry on a towel. Don’t let them stand on their tips since the water will seep into the handle and weaken the glue, which will make the bristles warp or shed.
More Recent Q&As
- Why do you wear your wedding ring on your left hand?
- How many are in a “baker’s dozen”?
- Must the cost of an engagement ring really be 3x your salary?
- How many credit cards should I have?
- Why do we celebrate Mother’s Day and what’s its origin?
- How do you know if eggs are still safe to be eaten?
- Is it safer to get a tan on a sunbed than to get it out in the sun?
- Where do birds go when a storm hits?
- Why do eggs represent Easter?
- What’s the best way to open an oyster?
- What’s the easiest way to take out a splinter?
- Why are the planets named after Greek gods?
- How do I take a screenshot on my computer?
- How often should you clean your ears?
- How long can I keep an open bottle of red wine?
- Do I need to have a college degree to have a stable job?
- If my skin is dry, does it mean I’m not drinking enough water?
- How can I protect my photo from being stolen on the web?
- What are some easy Chinese dishes that a new cook can try?
- What should i do when my teenagers fight?
- What’s the best bold lipstick for your skin tone?
- What’s the best way to take care of makeup brushes?
- What’s the best way to apply sunscreen?
- What’s the best way to apply gltiter polish?
- What are angel investors?
- Whar is the difference between an opthalmologist, optometrist and optician?
- What’s the best eyebrow shape?
- I know vaccine doesn’t cause Autism, but I want to play it safe. What can I do?
- How do I make yellow nails look white again?
- What’s the difference between a BB cream and a tinted moisturizer?
- Can you drink too much water during exercise?
- Can you reuse false eyelashes?
- I hate blowdrying, but my hair’s flat every morning. What can I do?
- It’s so hard to wake my teen every morning. What can I do?
- Should I put a “fat” baby on a diet?
- Can the SPF in makeup substitute for sunblock?
- How do I wash wigs?
- How can I get my manicure to last longer?
- How do I wear tangerine/orange makeup?
- Is it okay to go on a long drive when I’m pregnant?
- Can aspirin really help the skin?
- Do I really need to use a skin toner?
- How do I know oil is hot enough for deep frying?
- Do I need to buy makeup if I get a makeup demo?
- What’s a polite way of getting rid of guests who overstay?
- Can I take medicine when I’m breastfeeding?
- Can violent video games make kids more aggressive?
- How much toothpaste should I use?
- How do I use apple cider vinegar to treat acne?
- How do I get chewy brownies?