Deep conditioning hair is one of those treatments that many women consider part of their beauty regimen. Itâs a time-intensive procedure that can also be quite expensive if you decide to have it done in a salon. There are some who opt for home treatment using commercial deep conditioning products but these products can be quite expensive as well. This is a beauty lifestyle that could break the bank.
But for the more cost conscious women, deep conditioning hair naturally using products readily available at home is becoming a very attractive alternative for many reasons. It is relatively cheap and going natural means not using chemicals that may have a harmful effect on the body. If you want to try naturally deep conditioning your hair, just follow the instructions below:
* Get a large pan and pour in three quarters of a cup of virgin olive oil. Add a cup of dry rosemary. Put the pan on the stove and gradually heat the oil. The goal here is to just slowly heat the oil a bit. Donât heat too much like youâre going to fry something.
* When the oil has warmed up, remove it from the heat and strain it to remove the rosemary.
* Brush your hair to remove any tangles. After this get the warm oil infusion and spread it on to your hair. Make sure that the hair is coated thoroughly. Allow the oil to permeate even your scalp to get some of the moisturizing benefits on to it. Make sure the tips of your hair are also coated to help remedy any split ends. If you have a lot of hair and its quite thick, the best way to coat your hair is by partitioning it into sections. Apply the oil infusion one section at a time. Start at the front of your hair and work your way to the nape. Use hair clips to keep your hair properly and cleanly partitioned.
*When you have finished coating your hair, put a shower cap on or wrap your head with plastic wrap.
* Get a towel and heat it in a microwave oven for a few minutes until it gets warm. Another alternative is to immerse the towel in hot water and then wring it dry. Wrap the towel around your head to help heat up your hair and scalp and facilitate the opening of the hair shafts.
* leave the towel on for about 30 minutes. After this remove the towel and rinse your hair with cold water. The cold water will immediately close the hair shafts, sealing in the oil and moisture that has penetrated into the hair strands.
* dry your hair with a towel or allow it to air dry.
You can use this deep conditioning treatment every week to help moisturize your hair and scalp. Do this treatment once a month if you have oily hair.
Image from Dreamstimemedia
- How do you keep perfumes from "going bad"? - 2 years ago
- Do you think the nail polish on your toes and hands should match? - 2 years ago
- Hi. Im 12 years old and have thin, frizzy hair that grows very slowly. Im leaving for Califournia in just over 2 weeks. I reallly want thicker hair and preferably just a little bit longer! Is there any natural, semi - easy way to make my hair better? - 3 years ago
- Should i wear sunblock and moisturizer at the same time? - 4 years ago
- How can I prevent stretch marks during pregnancy? - 4 years ago