The time that your baby starts walking is also the time that they need your attention twice as much. Toddlers have active minds as well as active bodies, and they can really keep you busy. Although being with your child is never boring, there are ways to make it more enjoyable not just for your toddler but also for yourself. Below is a list of fun outdoor activities to do with your toddler.
- Naming animals at the zoo. Almost every toddler can get really interested with animals and the sounds they make. Visiting the zoo with your little one can be both fun and educational by acting as his / her tour guide and telling her information about the animals you pass by. Toddlers are fast learners you’ll get surprised at how many animal names and sounds your toddler will remember after this mini trip.
- Having a picnic at the park. Although best enjoyed with all members of the family present, a picnic at the park with just you and your baby can still be fun. It is also a chance to get your toddler to eat good foods. Toddlers can be picky when it comes to foods but when they are having fun, eating becomes less of a problem. Pick a place where there are other kids around to play with your baby, while you have a nice chat with the other moms and dads there.
- Walking the dog. Walk your dog in the morning or afternoon, and let your toddler hold the leash. Walking is a form of exercise that is also suitable for toddlers. By walking your dog with your toddler, you can also have your ration of healthy sunshine packed with Vitamin D.
- Visiting a museum. Needless to say, there are a lot of things in this world that your toddler is yet to see. Visiting any of the children’s, arts, or science museums in your area can give your toddler the exposure he / she needs.
- Playing outdoor games. Having fun outdoor does not always mean you have to go far. You can play games in the yard, beside the swimming pool, or in any suitable place near the house. Making bubbles, playing hide and seek and simple ball games like the throw and catch and roll it to me are good examples of fun outdoor activities to do with your toddler.
About The Author
This guest post was written by Mary. Mary is a mother of two and is also a content writer for babyprams.com.au.